Saturday, October 1, 2011

Something Beautiful

"Hey now, this is my desire. Consume me like a fire, 'cause I just want something beautiful to touch me. I know that I am in reach, 'cause I am down on my knees and waiting for something beautiful. In a day dream, I couldn't live like this. I wouldn't stop until I've found something beautiful. When I wake up, and all I want is what I have, you know its still not what I need; something beautiful." - Something Beautiful, NEEDTOBREATHE

Well, September is over. I'm extremely excited for October, to be honest. It kicks off with homecoming and ends with one of my favorite holidays, Halloween. I think that I'm forever amazed by the beauty of fall and of the world around me. The leaves changing and the sunflowers showing up everywhere put the biggest smile on my face. I've decided that fall, which started on September 23rd, ironically enough, is going to be a new chapter of my life. I believe that's why I'm so confused as to why everyone is still worried about me. I feel like it's so obvious that I'm doing fine. Better than fine. I'm learning so many things about life that I haven't noticed before. It's literally like I'm looking at the world with new eyes. That's what I wanted to share today. Things I've learned, and things I've noticed, and things I'm working on because it's with this progress that I'm becoming who I'm meant to be.

First of all, what's become most apparent is the problems with couples today. I hate seeing them fight and complain. All. The. Time. It's so simple. Are you happy within your relationship? Are you happy within your daily life? If the answer is no, then break up. And get happy. You're wasting your time and energy being unhappy. Don't let someone else control your mood if they're constantly changing it to angry or sad. Go make yourself happy. I can't stress that enough. It seems so dumb, but seriously. Go be free and do things that make you smile; that make you come alive. You'll see what I mean.

Next, don't care. Just, flat out, don't care. Move on from the things or the people that trouble you. Drama within your group of friends? Don't get involved; don't care. Hard test tomorrow? Don't worry; don't care. Bad day? Don't stress; don't care. This one might take more explanation, though. By no means sit around like a lump and not do anything ever. But think of all the things that you let affect you on a day to day basis. You are destroying yourself by letting your worries and stresses consume you. Let your friends work it out for themselves, study what you can for the test, and pick out five good things about your day. There will always be drama, hard tests, and rough days. Why dedicate yourself to freaking out over one? Be positive, do what you can, and forget it. Easy.

Then, don't be THAT friend. The one that constantly hates on themselves. I guarantee you are beautiful. I can personally guarantee it. Be confident; smile. Let everyone see the light that shines inside you.

And, surround yourself with people that make you feel good. Walk away from those that only try to make you fall. You're better than that. Everyone has that one person that just consistently makes them feel worse. Forget them. Go hang out with someone that makes you laugh; that lifts you up and compliments your good qualities.

Oh! Know that God never gives you more than you can handle. Just when you think you've had enough, just when you think there's no way to recover, and just when you think you can't go on is when you do. You start to survive and grow and change at that exact moment. The very exact moment, I swear to you. That one single moment becomes  a defining time in your life. God has your back. He's giving you an opportunity to better yourself; so take it and survive. Survive, survive, survive.

Finally, you should know that love is louder. Love is louder than anything bad that anyone will ever have to say about you or to you. Love is louder than your insecurities and self-doubt. Love is louder than hating yourself, louder than hating other people; love is so much louder than hate in general. Let your love for the world around you, the people you care about, and for yourself consume you. That is when you'll find happiness.

http://www.loveislouder.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment