Monday, March 14, 2011

Butterfly Kisses

So, this is my first post and I'm very excited! I plan to use this blog to just share my thoughts on my world, or the  ENTIRE world in general, without judgement or too many opposing opinions. The blogs title comes from a picture I found on Tumblr, listing all the things being a teenage girl is about and her average thoughts and feelings. Thats what I want this blog to be. Just my ideas and takes on life itself. Feel free to comment, or don't read it at all. Its up to you. :) (but if I were you, I'd read it!)

Tonight I thought a lot about getting a tattoo. And I'm becoming really sure that I want a Monarch butterfly on my left hip, colored and all. Monarchs were a huge part of my childhood. We used to order them in the mail as caterpillars and watch them grow and turn into butterflies. Which I named Sarah. Yeah, I named every single one of them Sarah. I was like 7, give me a break. I honestly didn't even know they were Monarchs. I ran around calling them "Sarah's!" all the time. :) and I used to think they were the most beautiful things out there. And when we moved here from our house in the country, I never really saw them anymore. And we stopped ordering them. Recently though, I've wanted to order more. Its the kid in me, what can I say?! I'm still possessed with the idea of something so simple and common turning into something delicate and beautiful. I see these transformations in life more and more. How a storm can rip the sky in two, but afterwards things remain the same and we see a rainbow to let us know life goes on. And (how cheesy!) two people can meet and create something fantastic. How one person can save the life of another. To me, it all comes back to my butterflies and a time when things were wonderful and simple and "Sarah's" were abundant around my swing set and on the flowers in my 3 acre yard; letting me know that things were calm and how they were supposed to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment