Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Fearless

"To me, fearless is not the absence of fear. Its not being completely unafraid. To me, fearless is having fears. Fearless is having doubts. Lots of them. To me, fearless is living in spite of those things that scare you to death. Fearless is falling madly in love again, even though you've been hurt before. Fearless is walking into your freshman year of high school at fifteen. Fearless is getting back up and fighting for what you want over and over again...even though every time you've tried before, you've lost. It's fearless to have faith that someday things will change. Fearless is having the courage to say goodbye to someone who only hurts you, even if you can't breathe without them. I think its fearless to fall for your best friend, even though he's in love with someone else. And when someone apologizes to you enough times for things they'll never stop doing, I think it's fearless to stop believing them. It's fearless to say "you're NOT sorry" and walk away. I think loving someone despite what people think is fearless. I think allowing yourself to cry on the bathroom floor is fearless. Letting go is fearless. Then, moving on and being alright...that's fearless too." -Taylor Swift

This quote is probably my favorite ever. It's in Taylor Swifts "Thank you's" for her Fearless album, as if you couldn't tell. It honestly speaks to me. It speaks to me to the point where I had a leather bracelet made that reads "fearless" in pretty script. My boyfriend makes fun of me for it, true story. But I still love it. I think a lot about the term "fearless", actually, and I've been thinking of a lot things that I think make you fearless recently. Here's my list:

To me, being fearless is going to a new place and trying everything at least once.
To me, being your 100% true self is fearless.
Finally not caring what others think, that's fearless.
Removing people from your life that only make you feel badly about yourself is fearless.
Not being afraid of starting over is fearless, too.
Its fearless to forget the future for a little while and enjoy now.
For me, it's fearless to go to Worlds of Fun soon and try to ride every roller coaster. Even though so far, I've been too scared to even ride one.
Being honest with yourself and others, definitely fearless.
Its fearless to admit you were wrong.
Its fearless to admit you need to change your ways too.
To me, its fearless to face your demons.
Its fearless to fight off those demons too.
Its also fearless to love unconditionally.
Being your own kind of beautiful, is fearless too.
Accepting that people change is fearless.
Singing AND dancing at a stop light despite everyone staring is fearless.
Oh, and fist-pumping at passing cars is fearless as well.
To me, living life according to your own rules is fearless.
Its fearless to still have faith in people after you've been through so much with them.
But at the same time, its fearless to realize that some people will only let you down.
Its fearless to admit that "I don't know you, but I want to."
To me, its fearless to want a tattoo but still be a little afraid of the pain.
Its also fearless to admit that it's just not working.
Fearless is also forgiving those that you love.
Its also fearless to be a little bit different.
Laughing at yourself; also very fearless.
To me, its fearless to let your imagination take control.
To me, its also fearless to dream of something new and different.
Letting yourself feel is fearless.
Trying to live the most beautiful life possible is fearless too.
Making a statement; fearless.
To me, fearless is never backing down from a challenge.
Trying to be the best version of yourself, no matter how hard it is, is fearless.  
Its fearless to smile when everything appears to be falling down around you.
Taking chances is fearless.
Not looking back is fearless.
And to me, writing this blog and posting it is fearless too.

No comments:

Post a Comment