Sunday, November 20, 2011

You Already Know

"This bipolar love affair just ain't where it's at for me anymore. So don't let the door hit you when you leave. You throw me in the fire just to save my life. A pretty little liar when I call you out; you'd rather put up a fight than just come clean. Get on your way to making someone else feel low, then higher than they every thought they could go. You already know. I'm giving you up, you're letting me down. Stop pretending that you're going to turn yourself around. You already know. Don't ask me why, you already know." -Train

Why do people lie? I truly don't see a reason for it. If you're afraid the truth will hurt, well, lies hurt worse. If you're trying to cover something up, I guarantee that whoever you're hiding things from will respect you a lot more for honesty. If you're afraid of the consequences that the truth brings, then don't be afraid. The consequences will help you grow. I guess I'm just not understanding why it's so difficult to be honest. If you're truly friends with/in love with/care about/care for someone, you will be honest with them because you owe them that much.

Individual #1, At least you finally admitted your lies. Or one of them. I want you to know that you didn't have to lie. I would have accepted it. But now, you've left me angry and bitter. What else didn't you tell me? I don't know you anymore. And, now, I'm not sure I ever did.

Individual #2, You especially didn't have to lie. Oh, I'm glad you did though. It opened up my eyes to the reality of what you're like. Save the rest of your story for someone else. It's finally my choice to walk away.

Individual #3, On a happier note: thank you for never lying to me! You're so honest. You even tell me the truth that hurts because you didn't want me to hear from someone else. Thank you. That's a true friend.

Individual #4, I don't know why I accused you of lying actually...it was so long ago. We got along so great then, I feel bad for ruining it. I'm glad we're closer now though!

Individual #5, You asked me to be in this weeks post. So. Here you are! You've never seriously lied to me, so your section doesn't have any real relevance. Sorrrrry about it. Just keep giving me hugs! They're my favorite part of the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment